Kindness for the self. Simple acts to treasure, nourish, respect the self. When self-care is a protected priority - life becomes richer and more satisfying.
If self-care seems more overwhelming than usual - call for an appointment 214.824.2009
1. Listen to my favorite music.
2. Enjoy a long warm bubble bath.
3. Go for a walk.
4. Share a hug with a loved one.
5. Relax outside.
6. Do exercise of my choice.
7. Spiritual prayer.
8. Attend a caring support group.
9. Practice diaphragmatic breathing.
10. Do “stretching” exercises.
11. Reflect on my positive qualities: “I am...”
12. Watch the sunset/sunrise.
14. Concentrate on a relaxing scene.
15. Create a collage representing the “real me”.
16. Receive a massage.
17. Reflect on “I appreciate...”
18. Write my thoughts and feelings in a personal journal.
19. Attend a favorite athletic event.
20. Go horseback riding.
21. Reflect on my enjoyable memories.
22. Visit a museum/art gallery.
23. Enjoy a relaxing nap.
24. Practice yoga.
25. Relax in a whirlpool/sauna.
26. Enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of water or fruit juice.
27. Enjoy the beauty of nature.
28. Count my blessings: “I a thankful for...”
29. Play like I did as a child.
30. Star gaze.
31. Window shop.
32. Day dream.
33. Tell myself the loving words I want the hear from others.
34. Attend a special workshop/class/lecture.
35. Go sailing/paddle boating.
36. Reward myself with a special gift that I can afford.
37. Take myself on a vacation I can afford.
38. Create with clay/pottery.
39. Do something adventurous (i.e. skydiving, white water rafting, etc.).
40. Read a special book or magazine.
41. Sing/hum/whistle a happy tune.
43. Play a musical instrument.
44. Spiritual meditation.
45. Work with plants in my house or garden.
46. Learn a new skill.
47. See a special play/movie/concert.
48. Workout with weights/equipment.
49. Ride a bicycle/motorcycle.
50. Make myself a nutritious meal.
51. Draw/paint a picture.
52. Swim/float/wade/relax in a pool/on a beach.
53. Do aerobics/dance.
54. Visit a special place I enjoy.
55. Smile and say, “I love myself”
56. Take the time to smell the roses and any other flower I enjoy.
57. Imagine myself achieving my goals and dreams.
58. Practice positive affirmations.
59. Pet an animal.
60. Watch my favorite TV show.
61. Reflect on my successes: “I can ...”
62. Write a poem expressing my feelings.
63. Make a flower arrangement/bouquet.
64. Lay on my back and watch the clouds.
65. Make myself something nice.
66. Visit a park/woods/forest.
67. Read positive, motivational literature.
68. Reflect on: “What I value most in life is...”
69. Phone a special friend.
70. Enjoy a picnic in a beautiful setting.
71. Enjoy a cup of gourmet herbal tea/decaf coffee.
72. Participate in a favorite sport/game/ recreation.
73. Practice a relaxation exercise, or listen to a relaxation tape.
74. Practice the art of forgiveness.
75. Treat myself to a nutritious meal at a favorite restaurant/cafe.
76. Participate in a hobby.
77. Create my own unique self-nurturing list.